On Wednesday 18 November 2015, Laura Barlow – Head of Restructuring at the Royal Bank of Scotland will join us and share some of her experiences on public speaking, she will give a 30 minutes speech and take some of your questions afterwards.
She will put public speaking in relation with the following topics :
- Leading financial services businesses through change – a personal perspective
- The challenges facing our industry
- The skills and capabilities we need to succeed
- Personal reflection
Laura is a leading restructuring professional with over 22 years of experience in financial and operational restructuring and turnaround as an adviser, principal and investor in UK and international corporations.
Currently Head of Restructuring at The Royal Bank of Scotland, leading a team of over 300 people with responsibility for the bank’s relationships with several thousand corporate and commercial customers going through financial and operational restructuring.
Formerly a Managing Director at AlixPartners, where Laura served in a range of advisory and interim management roles including: Executive Chairman, Welcome Financial Services Ltd; Chief Restructuring Officer and Chief Financial Officer, Sea Containers Ltd. Laura is a regular speaker at the London Business School on the MBA programme.
- Co-author – Leading Corporate Turnaround (Wiley 2006)
- Contributor – Restructuring and Workouts (Globe 2009)
- Contributor – Corporate Turnaround (Penguin 1997)
The event is open to members and guests. To attend sign up via our eventbrite page. We look forward to seeing you all at this special event!